Boral Blackbutt Decking
Blackbutt is a commonly grown hardwood that has attractive colouring from cream to pale brown, sometimes with a slight tinge of pink. Its grain is usually straight and texture its medium and even.
Why Boral Blackbutt Hardwood Decking?
- Boral Blackbutt Decking is manufactured from Australian Coastal Blackbutt that has proven durability in Australian conditions.
- Blackbutt is renowned for its strength and versatility, is non susceptible to Lyctus Borer, naturally termite resistant and treatment free*.
- * Test Reference: Wood in Australia, Keith R bootle, 2005
- Boral Blackbutt Decking is naturally fire resistant and suitable for use in BAL 29 areas under Australian Standard AS3959.
- Recommended for use with F27 structural timber to complete your outdoor timber requirements such as bearers and joists, stair components, and exposed external beams.
- Blackbutt can be used for internal flooring and outdoor Decking, to provide a seamless transition from inside to outside, expanding living areas or to create an outdoor room.
- Australian Hardwoods can easily be finished with a clear Decking oil or stain. Alternatively the timber can be left to weather to turn an attractive silver grey. After timber has weathered it can be restored to its original colour by resanding and coating.
- Boral Timber Blackbutt Decking is AFS Chain of Custody certified providing peace of mind that Boral’s Decking is sourced from sustainably managed and legal forestry.